Friday, June 22, 2007

8 Seconds?




Long story short... I injured myself pretty bad during the quarterfinal round of the South Texas Bull Stomp BlastOff 2007. Ever since I moved up from rodeo clown, it's been my dream to be a Crown Royal CBR world champion. I was on my way actually. In the first round I scored an 86 on Dusty Bottoms, a bull out of Flatneck, Texas. Momentum was on my side as I mounted Fancy Boots McSnaggle Tooth, whom I've never ridden. I heard he was fast and mean but a challenge I welcomed with open arms.

Unfortunately, I rolled right when the 1,000 lbs of fury beneath me kick-jacked back to the left and threw me clear into the stands. I snapped my knee, spilled this little girl's nachos, and basically ruptured my patella tendon in half. Dreams of hoisting that trophy has been put on hiatus but don't you fret none (that's Texas talk) I'll be back in the stirrups come 2008... you can guarantee that!

Anyways, I'm on the mend, and Team Willis, Austin version will be at the upcoming Couse reunion in spirit.

Hugs and kisses!

No comments: